Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thanks

Thanks for all of your comments. It's great to get them when I check in the mornings. just a little comment makes me smile and feel a little close to home. John/Mike, you will never guess what I'm being called here...Bird. We talked about nicknames one night and my project leader liked it so it's now on the board. Other people are starting to call me that too. The Norwegians call me Wicky though!!

So far today it's a big chilly and misty rain. It's 8:30 and I just got back from a lion walk with some 11 month old cubs who are just getting used to human contact. It's great to see the little progress each time as they are developing. Today I was about a foot behind the male which doesn't seem like a lot when you can touch some of the other ones but it's actually huge. Also just them following and not having to chase them is a big thing. I will be working on fencing for the new enclosure after breakfast and then I'm supposed to be off for the afternoon. You soon learn though that be off is worse then cleaning poo. You kind of feel useless so everyone ends up still doing something. The nice thing is that you then get to choose what you want to join in on....of course it's always with the lions.

I will try to post a video or pics later. I can only do that from one pc and its occupied at the moment.

Talk later.

No comments: