Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 9, 2010

Just another day in Africa...


Hey everyone,

Well the weather at night has improved so we have had now 2 days access to the internet. That is huge here :) As you can see I can also add in some photos so enjoy. I have to say that so far the one consistant thing in my day is poo...that's right poo. Elephant cleaning on the first days which resulted in having it up my back and in my eye...I know sexy! Horse poo yesterday and lion poo today. Now according to everyone here lion poo is the worst. Apparently when you eat just meat and then the carcases are laying around it sticks. That's what I look forward too today...is anyone jealous right now??? It's 8 a.m. right now and I have already worked with the elephants. Needless to say i managed to stay clean for a whole 10 minutes as I am sitting here typing with ele spit all over me...just another day in Africa.

Yesterday was wonderful as I worked with the horses and then we went out for a ride in the afternoon. On our ride we saw wilderbeasts, antelopes and zebras. Well spiders too but I don't want to talk about that. During lunch I managed to spend about 10 minutes with the babies which is always wonderful. One of them slept in my hands. We also went out with the big lions yesterday which was unbelievable. I'm not sure how we do it but we do. You do have to very careful now and these 2 lions are now retired as they are too big and too dangerous now for that.

Anyhow, breaky time and then off with the babies. Just another day in Africa.

vick

3 comments:

Keith Nazar said...

Now, how did you ever get elephant poop down your back??? As I imagine it in my head, I visualize images of this as well as your facial reactions....this makes me giggle and think of funny re-inactments already!

Judy said...

Vic - it sounds like you are having a blast and I know you are going to have some amazing "shitty" stories to tell when you get back!! I can't wait to hear all about them!!
Miss you!
Judy

Becky said...

OH MY GOODNESS, you are really touching a lion!!! I mean I knew you would do this...but wow! Very cool and very impressive!! :-)