Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A little news..



Well I thought I would introduce you to a few new characters. First it's JB. His name is actually Jabulanie but we all call him JB. he is one of the lion handlers here and he is fantastic. He is so good with the lions and has taught us all so much. He has been working with lions for 20 years. He is actually trying to make me something to take home...I hope he has time. JB is the one with the feather hat.

The other day we did some of the feedings and we met Milo. Now Milo is one of the angriest lions here!! He is 6 years old and he is a hilarious character. When we were at his enclosure the other day he started to dig to get at us...very scary stuff. One of my friends here Suzanne was challenging his manliness by having her arms over her head and he went nuts and charged the cage. It was funny but I can't imagine what it would be like if you met one of these in the wild. You can see the anger in Milo's face in the picture.

Our last session had to be cancelled yesterday so we played polo on horse back instead. It was so much fun and I hope we get the chance to try it again. We looked a little pathetic but we managed.

This morning we got up at 4 am to listen to the lions roar. We took a drive down to the breeding program where there are 52 lions. It was amazing to hear them all roar at the same time. The ground was shaking it was so loud. The cool thing was that it was still dark so you couldn't see them but when we lay on our backs you could see millions and I mean millions of stars. Around 5:30 the sun started to rise so it was a pink sky and then you started to see their silhouettes with their mouths wide open and their breath. It was so cool.

Well I only have 3 more full days here and then I will be heading home. I am sad about that because I enjoy the days and spending them with the animals but that's life. We just had our evening meeting and the next 2 days are going to be great so stay tuned....bye

6 comments:

Claudia et Joe said...

Coucou Vicky,

I am so happy that you are enjoying your time overthere! Can't wait to chat with you about this amazing experience!

Thinking of you and missing you!
Claudia xx

Becky said...

Hey Vic. I am all caught up. This is amazing. Sounds like everything you thought it would be. Lifetime memories!!!
See you soon...oh and ps...I am glad Im not the only one that got teary eyed at Jordans message!!! Jordan...your such a sweetie!!

Christina said...

Hi Vicky,

Wow, it must have been incredible to hear the lions roar like that! I love reading your updates every day. Enjoy your last few days and be safe. I can't wait to hear all of your stories.

Take care!
Tina

Mom said...

Hi Vicky,
Sounds like your having a blast. Can't believe it's almost over. I'm going to miss your up-dates. I look forward to reading them everyday.Enjoy your last days
Take Care
LOve Mom

Lucie said...

Hi Vicky,
Enjoy everything up to the end and take also picture and feeling in your mind. This is so great Vicky, can wait to hear from you! Sorry also that it as to come to an end, but we love you and want to see you back. Hope we can all do something like you did one day and have a dream become a reality. Big hugs Lucie

jillandjohn said...

Wow, the visual of you with a dead cows head would be a good one to use in phase 2 training. This is what happens to you if you screw up on CRM. Or maybe going behind your back to get early TSA...

Sounds like you will come back a changed girl - can't wait to hook up and talk poooooooooo

Wash your hands first!!