Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm still alive....

Hey everyone, I have made it safely to Gweru, Zimbabwe. 5 flights, 1 night stay with a lady in Bulawayo and a community bus right to the park...phew! Although there were many flights they all went farely easy. It only cost $25 on Air Canada to bring the box but no other charges the whole way through. I arrive today at the park and settled in. I had an orientation and a tour around the breeding grounds where I saw about 25 mature lions. Some we could even touch...not many though!! I am off soon to do my first walk with lions that are about 15 months old. I'm a little nervous but I'm sure it will be fine...I hope (keeping my fingers tucked in!!). The grounds are beautiful and I will try to post pictures shortly. it's very hot and sticky but many ways to cool off.

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Yeah!! Glad to hear the trip went well! Say hi to Tsavo and Thilani for me :)

James Gehrke said...

I'm envious! I look forward to pictures and more updates! James

jlalumiere said...

Glad to hear you arrived. I assume your phone does not work so this will be the only form of communication?

Looking forward to your photos.

John

Judy said...

Hi Vicky,
Glad you arrived safe! Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pictures. Have a blast!!
Judy

Becky said...

Woo hoo!! I am glad you made it safe and sound and that you are able to update us :-)
We miss you~have an awesome time!!!

Unknown said...

This blog idea is awesome. It makes us travel with you. Hope you are having fun with the kitties. Hakuna Matata
Adri

Mom said...

Hi Vicky,
Glad to hear you arrived safely, Sounds like to going to have a great time.Looking forward to your up-dates
Keep Safe
Love Mom

jaime said...

Hey Vicky,

This blogging is wicked (ps im a rookie at this) I hope you are haviing an incredible trip and I will definetely keep up todate with your status. How was the lion safari??? I cant wait too see all of your pictures (way too fun)..Have a blast girl!!!
Jaime

Amy and George said...

Hey Vick,
Haven't used my blogger account since Christopher was born (hence the comment as "Amy and George")! Happy you made it and can't wait to hear more details. Have fun with the kittens :)

Mom said...

Hi Vicky,
Just to let you know how much I'm enjoying your up-dates. Look forward to reading them everyday. This sounds so fantastic. Have fun,keep writing. keep safe.
Love Mom