Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 10, 2010




Hey everyone,

I had a great day today. We woke up at 4 a.m. and went on a lion hunt. Basically we let out 4 of the big lions and we follow them in a truck to see if they kill on their own. There were some definite possibilities but no kill today. Usually these guys get a kill but not today. Amazing to see them in hunting mode. Afterwards we went over to the local orphanage and visited with the children for 2 hours. It was amazing to do but I did get a little misty eyed at one point. I ended up giving them my camera, video camera and ipod and they went crazy taking pictures...230 in total. This one girl could basically have a contract for signing tomorrow that's how good she was. Some of the kids did have signs of nasal infections and Scabies but they all were smiling and playing. I can't wait to go back there next Saturday.

We've been having a really good time as a group as well. We also have 4 cats here that we feed everyday and sometimes they sleep with us. We have Taz, Fatty (he's ok with this!!), Isabelle and Anti-christ. AC is a little crazy and unpredictable hence the name!!

We off to a lion walk..i think. We are being pelted on by a rain storm again so we will see.

Vick

2 comments:

Erin Mercier said...

HI Vick! Oh My Lord! I just can't believe that you're all the way there! your stories are absolutely awesome. I can't get over what an amazing experience this must be for you, you must just be pinching yourself, wondering if you are really doing this! It's awesome! I just figured out how to "blog" (i hope, assuming you receive this!) I'll check in every day and see what's new. Be safe my little buttercup! love ya. xox Erin

Lucie said...

Wow what a day again! The kids are amazingly sweet can wait tot see the pictures and the videos. Can wait to hear the cubs stories and pictures. Enjoy every moment of this life experience Vicky, it is great that you are realizing this dream...it really sound like a dream but it's real. Big hugsXXXLucie