Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 2, 2010

The day is finally here...

It's 8:00 a.m. on Friday and I am just finishing my packing. It has become apparent that I will probably have to pay money for the weight of my baggage :( I don't care though because I am so excited right now. The excitement was a little side tracked last night when disaster struck for a several hours in the evening. The story goes....Jordan is leaving for the US for the long weekend and I am dropping him off at Vanier college in St-Laurent. After getting there early (shocking I know) and sitting 45 minutes in the car Jordan realizes before getting on the bus that he forgot his passport at home. That's right...you can pretty much forget clothing on your body but you cannot forget your passport. We do not have enough time to get home and get back to the bus. What happens next you ask??? Well I have to drive him to the US border to catch up with the bus!! I then realize that I have to pass Canada security and I don't have a passport!! Oh my....my poor little nerves. They were really nice though and understood...phew! After leaving the house at 7 and returning at midnight I just passed out. Oh yes and my tank becomes empty on the way just around the point where civilization doesn't exist for awhile.

Oh well....I made through and I can giggle now...sort of.

See you all in Africa!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Well Vic is on her way, dropped her off at the airport today! Vic, don't forget to give me your return flight info so I can pick you up unless you decide to stay there :)

Vicky Lalumiere said...

Yeah I realized that when I left. I will e-mail you the info. I have arrived safely in Washington...step 2 tomorrow!!