Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lions and Storks and Giraffes...oh my!




Well I'm finally all settled in here. My bag arrived yesterday and I don't think I have ever been so happy to see my luggage in my life. It's been very hot during the day this week and humid at night so 1 pair of jean and pj pants can only go so far :( I literally hugged my bag when I saw it and maybe had a slight tear in the corner of my eye. We had a tour of town yesterday which is cute and has all the things anyone would need. We had a tour of an elementary school as well which was very cute. We then hit a grocery store which I was excited about in order to buy some snacks for the evening.

Today I started off with some free time to unpack. Clean clothes, a shower with soap and brushed my teeth with toothpaste....I felt like 1.5 million $$. I went out on a cub walk this morning as well. They are sooo cute and one of them bonded with me even though she will not tolerate many people. I headed out for elephant research for the afternoon which finally we found elephants and many more animals. We turned a bend in the road and there were 3 male elephants just standing there eating leaves from a tree. We then have to bounce into action and take pictures and start assessing their body conditions. One of the main ways that you can identify and elephant is by their ears. Most have little chips out of their ears which is usually unique. After that we ended up seeing zebras, wilderbeasts, lizards, giraffes, impala, a croc, baboons, monkeys and warthogs....and that was in a span of 2 hours.

Here are some pics for you guys to see a little of my surroundings...Cheers.

4 comments:

Lucie said...

So great to read you Vicky and very happy to know that you found your luggage. Your pictures are great! Can't wait to read you again. Big hugs Lucie

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what a wilderbeast looks like and you'll be seeing them regularly. Weird! Awesome to hear that your luggage came ... I would have hugged it too! Keep the pics coming, they're awesome!

lots of hugs,
Evica

Anonymous said...

All the best with your efforts there Vicky,
what an awesome set of pics in your 2010 entries..I shared your blog with a couple of my friends and they loved it too.
will wait to see more of your journey in the wild with the wild..!

Raegan

Mom said...

Hi Vicky
Happy Mother's day. Hope you're doing well. Look forward to your messages and your pictures.
Keep safe, take care
Love Mom