Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 17, 2011

My Indian Friends....




Many of you probably already know that I have become goo friends with the neighbours who have introduced me to a lot of Indian culture & cuisine. I have a mission to get all of their recipes from them so I can become an expert Indian chef. I also had the opportunity to participate in a ceremonial celebration where I dressed up in a Sari and everything. I was so beautiful the dances and especially seeing all the vibrant colours that people were wearing...quite the difference to black, white and beige!! Throughout the evening people also come around to give offering which can include baked goods, fruit, snacks which you put into your little bag and take home with you...it kind of felt like an adult version of trick or treating.

We also headed out together to Botswana for a shopping trip. Me and the kids ended up around the pool of one of the lodges for about 2 hours...you can't keep me away from a good poolside. It was beautiful because we were on the river as well so you were able to see buffalo, elephants and warthogs all over the place. I almost bought a pair of shoes that day. I worked very hard at it but I didn't manage to find a good size for myself...it just wasn't meant to be.

You wil also see in the pics my friend Ioosh (pronounced eye oosh). He is an African Grey Parrot that has become a friend of mine when I visit their house. He has even sat on my shoulder one day. I play 'got your beak" with him which is hilarious and he loves it. He chases after me and then when I see him he turns and runs away hiding. I would actually consider a bird like that but they can live up to 70 years or something which is going to be longer than me :)

Well I only have about 12 days left before I head back to the wilds of Canada. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and plan the next step of my new life!!

Cheers..

Vick xoxo

4 comments:

Judy said...

You look fabulous Vick!! Can't wait to see you soon.
xo

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty in your dress! xox

Becky

Nina said...

See you soon!
Nina

Natalie said...

Hey Vicky,

Youb look amazing!!!! I can't believe you are on your way back soon. I finaly get my computer working properly again and you're heading home. I must say you have had an adventure of a lifetime and I'm sure you not finished.
See you soon and keep in touch.
Nat