Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I had a shower with a frog....






Yup yesterday was another new adventure. As I was in the shower which is outdoors and I had a little frog join me. Normally this probably would have sent me in a little bit of tailspin but here you just say hello and go on with your shower. The only thing that worried me was "Will there be a snake right behind him and is this his hiding place??" Luckily he just enjoyed the steam and sat quietly watching me...a bit of a perv I guess!!

Well on to some other stories....I experienced high tea on my day off on Sunday. This is held at one of the local hotels the Royal Livingstone everyday around 4:00. Basically you pay $17 for all you can eat sandwiches, quiche and desserts. And when I say desserts I mean 2 tables loaded with different types. Along with this you can choose any tea you want and sit and look at the Zambiezi river....(see photo). The hotel itself is a step back in time to the colonial era where all of the staff still dress like that. It's very cool. We then went down to the deck for my new favourite cocktail...a passion fruit martini. A few minutes in I thought I was going to need to wrestle a vervet monkey for my drink but she just wanted the fruit so I was safe. I did though at one go...."oh my God...Oh my God" and my friend Cara just laughed at me.

Yesterday we also bumped into a hippo along the riverside road while doing research. It's not common to see them out of the water during the day because of the risk of sunburn. They will usually only come out during the night to eat but we think this one had maybe been in a fight with another hippo and he was just recovering. He did send us some clear signals to get the heck away from him...(see photo).

As you can see from the photos it was also time to do the hair dying. Yes that's right...I have grey hair at such a young age...ha ha!! Maitel & Kelly thank you for the supplies....it went very well except I didn't have Kelly washing my hair afterwards.

I have added a few pics as well just to show you where I am living.

Enjoy...Cheers.

2 comments:

jordan said...

Gotta say mom, that hippo looks wicked cool, and dangerous!
PS: you're not that young ;)

Kellie and Meital said...

Glad the hair coloring went well I'm sorry my fingers wernt there for you even though i would love to be there. It looks great we are glad to see that everything is going well and you are keeping Meital and I entertained with the blogs.

be safe we miss you!!!
Kellie and Meital